Saturday, April 3, 2010

Week 12, Check! Dear Diary...

I have been reflecting over the past year since Charlotte's birthday is just 3 weeks away. It has sped by. I can't believe that just less then 10 months ago I was standing at the finish line of my MiL's marathon holding my 6 week old baby. Just 10 months ago I never thought any of this possible for me.

9 months ago I started walking my driveway and daring to look down the paved road and think about running.

8 months ago that I dared to create this blog and call it what I did. Believe me I felt like a big dork calling myself marathon runner. I threw the mom in at the end so it would at least be partly true. There were many other viable blog name candidates, like:
Think I might start running regularly and possibly want to run a race...we'll see.

Just over 5 months ago that I ran my very first 1/2 marathon and realized that a full was in my future. That I am not going crazy, it is possible for ME.

3 months ago I started this training. I have really enjoyed it. Grown from it. It has blessed my marriage. It has been good for the big girls. I think Charlotte has benefited from it too. I'm glad to take her to Grandma and have her delighted to go play with them instead of being totally mom-ified.

1 month ago I ran the furthest since my 1/2 marathon. A huge mental challenge. March was a high mileage month, 127 miles...insane. But I got through it.

12 hours ago I ran 18 miles. 18 MILES! I am realizing that I am getting more ready. My heart still feels weak about it. I look at the calendar and my adrenaline starts going. I am going to do this thing. And when I'm done, how much braver will I be? How much more ready for a challenge? What can I not do?

Miles today: 18
Miles this week: 31
Miles this Year: 304

No comments:

Post a Comment