Saturday, March 27, 2010

Week 11, Check!

I finished my last 16 mile run. I remember mapping out my training on the calendar months ago and looking at March thinking "Holy Crap! That is a lot of miles! A lot of long runs! How am I going to be able to do it?"
Here I am on the other side! I can't believe it! March is essentially over. April looks much better. I have 2 18 mile runs and then I get to taper. It's amazing...
Todays run was really good. I really focused and achieved my "flow" at around 6 miles. My training book speaks against using tricks to make yourself forget that you are running, but instead focus on the running itself, your body working, whats around you etc. and enjoy the experience. Once I was back out in the country (at around the 10 mile mark), I let my mind clear of other things I had been processing and instead tried to focus on my running. It was a beautiful clear day. The sheep were grazing in the fields. Dogs barking. Water gurgling in the streams. Birds singing. Wow the birds were really active today...oh wait. That was the squeak of my spandex rubbing together. No joke, it took me at least 1/4 of a mile to figure out it was just me! I love that I can laugh at myself. I'm hilarious!
I'm almost there. I can't wait to be done!
Miles today: 16
Miles this week: 34
Miles this Year: 273

No comments:

Post a Comment