Friday, April 30, 2010

Last Training Run

Today was my very last training run. Wow.
During my run today I thought back to the very first time I ran 3 miles. It was the day Joan came back from Alaska last July. Her running buddy Charlie came by and they invited me to join them. I had only been running for maybe 3 weeks at that point and the farthest I had run was 1 1/2 miles. My stubborn will made me keep up with them even though I couldn't even speak. They jogged and chatted and I panted and tried to keep pace. I was really proud of myself when we were finished even though I felt faint and could barely walk up the stairs to put the girls to bed.
I have come a really long way. Literally. More then 550 miles. It feels really good to be on this side of the training. Just Sunday. SUNDAY.
I got the sweetest present today. Adrianne has been telling her class for awhile now about my race. Today when she got home from school she had a manila envelope full of cards the kids in her class made for me. They say things like: we are proud of you. Good Luck. And each has a picture of me running. I'll have to post some of the pictures, they are great. I could cry right now just thinking about it. Even more reasons to finish.

Miles Today: 3
Miles this Year: 370

No comments:

Post a Comment