Saturday, April 17, 2010

Week 14, Check!

I have the pleasure of having a running buddy these last few Saturdays. My friend Bethany has been driving over from Corvallis and running part or all of the long runs with me. She will be doing the 1/2 on my marathon day and so we get to run the first 11 miles together. I really really enjoy my time alone which is good since I have 15 miles of my marathon to be alone...but I really really love my time running with my good friend.
I keep looking at the calendar to be sure, but I really only have one weekend left. I'm trying to not think too hard about it...just beginning to think of all my irrational fears now and stuff them into the far back corner of my brain.
On a more random note, my training book says to think about finishing and imagine what it will be like, how you'll feel, etc. I have come up with a few ideas of my finish line:
a) Run to within a reasonable distance of the finish, take of my running shoe (with timing chip) and throw it across the finish.
b) Run to within a reasonable distance of the finish, and stop. Stare at finish line, make the crowd nervous.
c) Run across the finish line and lay down.
Okay, I have a weird brain. Really when I let myself really imagine it, I begin to choke up a little. It's been a really long road. It has been a challenge for me physically and mentally. I'm really proud of myself. I'm humbled that I've made it this far. Then I think of my husband and all he's done for me during this training. He would have run this with me if I hadn't stubbornly decided to do this on my own. He has been such an encourager. Running some of the short runs with me...Leaving me notes on the car, my water bottle and on the road on my run route...Driving the car next to me for miles to chat with me and pick me up so I don't have to walk the driveway...Never batting an eye at all the "stuff" I need to buy, ,shoes, clothes, etc... Always asking me when I need to run and then how my run went. I have an amazing man on my team. Finishing is a victory for me. For my husband, for my family.
Miles today: 9
Miles this week: 22
Miles this Year: 357

No comments:

Post a Comment