Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Coming to a close

If you have ever spent any amount of time doing something it's funny how your mind begins to associate things with it. Just the smell of cardamom or bath and body works peony sanitizer will take me straight back to the 2 months I spent in India 10 years ago.
The same is becoming true for my running. I can't drive anywhere where my brooks have run without thinking of the days I pounded the pavement. Lemon lime Gatorade will do the same. Songs on the radio prompt me back to runs when I thought about them during my hours on the road.
I'm glad I won't soon forget this experience.

Miles today: 5

1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled onto your blog through another one. I just wanted to wish you good luck and peace as you get closer to the big day. I just ran my first half on Sunday and it was the most amazing physical experience (with the exception of pregnancy and delivery of my kiddos) I've ever had. On Monday I signed up for my next one. I don't think I'll ever be brave enough to try for a full, so I'll have to settle for living vicariously through you. Best wishes for a calm and healthy taper and race!

    ReplyDelete