Thursday, April 29, 2010

Pass me some red vines

I am a nervous eater. It is a good thing I don't like fast food and that there are not any drive thru candy stores around here. Sunday. SUNDAY. Sunday. How can it be just days away?
The last chapter of my training book talks a lot about how you will feel like you peaked too soon and worry about being ready. When I read that months ago I was skeptical. I thought I would feel more confident, empowered. And now here I am reading it again, nodding my head, I am NERVOUS. I don't FEEL ready. I am taking this training book at its word that I am. I am trusting that doing the training and all this preparation has made me ready even though my heart is very weak.
On the advice of a friend I stopped in and tried to see a Physical Therapist on Tuesday for the pain in my hip/butt. I learned that you need a prescription for PT but the therapist had pity on me and did a free consultation. I was relieved to hear that my leg will NOT fall off during the marathon but I do have a muscle strain deep in my hip. He gave me some stretches and some encouragement. So even though my pain is not gone, I do feel better.
Sunday. SUNDAY. (deep breathing).

No comments:

Post a Comment