Saturday, May 1, 2010

The sun will come out....Tomorrow!

Tomorrow when I wake up, I'll slide into my running clothes. I settled on shorts, a red running bra/tank, my blue long sleeved shirt and my trusty brooks. My number will already be pinned on my shorts (the best place for it to be since it has to be visible at all times during the race and I want to be able to take my long shirt off).
Then my normal run day breakfast: Oatmeal, brown sugar, almonds, milk & Tea.
Then hop in the car with Jonah & my running buddy Bethany and drive from Springfield to Hayward field. Hopefully Jonah will be able to get us pretty close to the start line. We'll have to figure out which start gate we are supposed to be in. Then the wait. And then it will begin.
I'm nervous. I'm big enough to admit it. I waffle between feeling ready and feeling really unready. Today will be another day to practice relaxation techniques!
In just 3 hours the journey will begin. We'll be dropping off the girls and heading to the Health Fair to pick up my bib. I can't believe it's here. I can't wait for it to begin. I can't wait for it to be over!
My next post will be sometime after my race on Sunday. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment