Sunday, September 27, 2009

Technology Sucks

No I did not fall off the running wagon! Our computer is in the shop and this is my first opportunity to post this week. Hopefully we will get our computer back this next week. :(
Week four was great. I ran 19 miles this week, including a long run of 8 miles yesterday. Joan was my running buddy and it was really great to spend time with her. I think I am one of the fortunate few who have a great friendship with their mother in law. I am so blessed, she is a great encourager. When we got 6+ miles in, she reminded me that she is 20 years older than me. I ran the last mile without her. I still had a lot of "gas" so we decided to meet at the end and I ran hard. I still am in shock that I can do this. I really do have it in me! My race is in one month and I know that I can do it!
The other day Adrianne followed me out the door as I headed out to run and she called out to me:
"Be a good runner, Mommy!"
I am excited to see that my girls can get this, even a little bit. This week talks about changing your "what if" with the action of "as if" until it becomes your "it is" reality. It is funny what a big role your mind plays in training, but this is so true of many things in life. We used to say "fake it, 'til you make it". Action really does precede belief sometimes. Well, I am living this one out.
Miles this week: 19

No comments:

Post a Comment