Monday, September 14, 2009

3 miles to start week 3

It wasn't until after dinner that I finally made it out for my first run of week 3. 3 miles no problem.
I was thinking when I was running how unfortunate it is that I can't do anything else while I am running. Multitasking is my middle name. I can fold laundry, feed the baby, manage the girls, talk on the phone and make dinner all at the same time.
Then it occurred to me: the best part about running is the fact that I can't do anything else at the same time. There is very few moments in my life right now that I get to have a single focus. It was a Holy Spirit moment for me...all the implications of doing so many things gets me wondering if I am doing the important things well? What if I could have more of a single focus about certain things I do. How would that change me as a mom? A wife?
I wish my days could be like my runs. I always have a feeling in me of excitement for my run. The first mile I get my grove on. I listen to the quiet. I look at the scenery. I notice all the things around me, the sun, the wind...all the little things that I enjoy. I have a set goal and I get a feeling of power and accomplishment as I work to meet it. I call on my body and it works to do what I ask. The last mile I always feel a sense of gratefulness to God for what he is working in me. I round the last corner and spy my marker tape. I focus on my goal, end strong, arms raised each time in victory.
There's lessons for me here. Yes Lord, I am listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment