Saturday, September 12, 2009

Week 2, Check!

Today my long run was 6 miles. It has been a good week of running. A hectic week otherwise. I am realizing how much I really have come to enjoy this outlet. It may be the only thing keeping me sane. Tinsa came to run with me today although she had been sick all week and missed a few runs. We ran to the crazy blue mobile home 3 miles from my house and on the way back she began to feel weak. She made it more then 4 miles before she said she needed to walk. I jogged and skipped and tried to keep pace with her for a mile before she said to go ahead and she would just keep walking. I know the feeling of running out of gas after being sick, so I said I would run back to the house and get my car and pick her up. And run I did. I ran well faster than my normal pace and it felt great. I realized that I am becoming used to the mileage and so to push myself gave me that great feeling of my body hearing my demand and responding to it. Tinsa was able to start jogging again and did finish, which is just what the book says is the most important. I think overall the run was good for both of us.
Miles today: 6
Miles for the week: 16

No comments:

Post a Comment