Saturday, September 5, 2009

Week One, Check!

It's over and I made it. Week one has officially come to a close. My 5 mile run today felt good. Tinsa and I met up, she over dressed since it was raining, but ended up wishing she was in shorts like me. I always second guess myself too, what if I'm too hot, what if I'm too cold? I can't wait until I am a little more skilled at this.
We are alternating who is in charge of the long runs. Tinsa went first and guided me on a 5 mile run near her house. It was along the river, very pretty. I know why she likes to run there, no hills! I am realizing how much I am going to enjoy running this fall. The drizzle was great, cloudy skies, the trees starting to turn. I am also looking forward to getting a handle on my schedule. I already figured out that I under budgeted time to run while both girls are in school. I had to cut one short run short because I had to pick up Stella. Rebecca will be glad since that just means I'll need her more!
I have to add that I haven't been the most enthusiastic runner this week, but peace and quiet have drawn me. That is a plus of having 3 kids...I'll always have that need.
Miles today: 5
Total for the week: 14+

No comments:

Post a Comment