Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Into two

Week two is under way. I ran 3 miles on Monday. It feels boring, almost like it's a waste of time it's so short. Who knew 3 miles would feel so short? Yesterday evening I did my 4 miles with Joan and having her really helped me get through it. I need to learn some concentration for the short runs. I think I don't make myself focus enough and that's why I'm having a hard time with them. Probably doesn't help that I'm on my period (TMI, I know!) and this week is school kick off for both the older ones. I learned last week that your brain actually shrinks by 8% during pregnancy and the volume doesn't return until 6 months postpartum. Great, just when the race is over my brain will be returning to me!
Tomorrow will be my test run in town. It's only 3 miles but I have to run and be back in time to pick up Stella from school. We'll see how it works out! 6 more weeks of keeping this crazy pace!

No comments:

Post a Comment