Friday, March 5, 2010

I rocked 14 Miles! Week 8, Check!

I just had the best run of my life. It will definitely be in the back of mind to draw from when days are hard.
I've had a little anticipation about this run. 14 miles is a long way and a mile longer then ANY run I have ever done in my life. I woke up this morning and the butterflies were there. I did my normal pre-run routine. A bowl of oatmeal, cup of tea, glass of water. This time Jonah dropped me off 4 1/2 miles from our house so I could run down one side of the river, through town and back home down the other side of the river. I figured out that I cannot handle 3 bottles on my running belt. The one in the middle rubs my spine, so I left it, my long shirt, etc at a friends house as I ran by. I had a lot on my mind and spent some time praying for my friend Becca who is 9 months pregnant and found out that her dad has a brain tumor and is going in for surgery tomorrow. The first 6 miles flew by and before I knew it I was crossing the River to run the last 8 home. That's when I noticed something. Someone had written in chalk on the pavement. I didn't think anything of it and I actually didn't even read it all the way because I was on top of it before I realized what it was. It wasn't until I ran toward the next message at the 6 mile mark that I realized that Jonah had driven my route and left me notes in sidewalk chalk. I burst into tears. I know that I am married to a really good man. I know that he loves me. Today was just another reminder that he is amazing. I don't know what I ever did to deserve him. I am so fortunate to have someone who is my teammate. My support. Who loves my dreams and goals and wants me to accomplish them. I am so thankful that we have made it a point in our marriage to be connected and I am so blessed to be married to you, Jonah.
I ran 14 miles in 2 hours and 5 minutes. I am so proud of myself.
Miles today: 14
Miles this week: 29
Miles this Year: 174

No comments:

Post a Comment