Saturday, March 13, 2010

Week 9, Check! Random Thoughts

Today I ran 16 miles... further than I have ever run before. It was so nice to wake up to blue skies, even though I prefer to run in the rain. It's been a long week full of ear infections, fevers, night time disturbances and missing naps. I was a teeny tiny bit worried for my run today since I am beginning to cough up "clams" (as Jonah calls them). My mom came to watch the girls and Joan was my ride to my start. I wanted to run a loop today instead of out and back so she dropped my 2 1/2 miles from my house so I could run down one side of the river and back the other. She took my extra bottle and a nectarine to give me at the 1/2 way mark. My 13 year old sister in law Rebecca wanted to jump in at the 8 mile mark and run 8 home with me. I haven't tried eating food while running but I decided some juicy fruit would be the best thing. Joan used to eat PB & J on her long runs but that doesn't sound appetizing to me for running. Rebecca usually runs much faster then Joan so I was hopeful that she would be able to keep pace with me. Actually I was a little scared that she would leave me in her dust too. It was apparent right away that my stride is too big so I go faster. So I slowed down and we had a great time chatting on the route. I left her behind with 1 mile to go. It was a great run. 2 more weeks of 16 mile long runs.

Here are some random thoughts.
- I never untie my running shoes. I just slip them on and away I go.
- Most mornings I see an old woman who walks. She must be in her 80's. It always makes me think about how glad I am to be young and to have my whole life ahead of me.
- I try to run with my eyes closed past the dead deer in the ditch. It is pretty darn gross.
- I am getting really tired of water. Who knew I could get tired of water? Lemon lime Gatoraide is my new drink of choice.
- I frequently hear Shania Twain's song "Any man of mine" in my brain when I'm running (Thanks a lot mom). I am so thankful that I have THAT man.
- When I drive to town, I look at my running route and imagine how I feel when I'm running.
- I don't think it's fair that I am breaking out. I should get a pass on that since I'm 30 and I'm working out.
- I just realized that the reason I'm probably breaking out is that I wash my face too much.
- 6 weeks until my Marathon!


Miles today: 16
Miles this week: 31
Miles this Year: 205

No comments:

Post a Comment