Wednesday, March 3, 2010

TMI

I have been reading some blogs lately where people are so....honest. I don't even know them and I am getting to share in their inner thoughts. The funny/embarrassing/aggravating things that happen to them. I try to operate my life on the line of TMI because I think it is very freeing for other people to know that I have some inner crazy. That I sin on occasion (or frequently). That I am a whiner. That I have those really bad mom moments. That perfection is not my middle name, nor do I ask it of anyone else.
Take last week for example: Walking Adrianne to class, trying to get Stella to stop wandering down the hall, all with Charlotte on my hip. I am not paying attention at all to where I am, just trying to corral Stella, when BAM! I totally ram myself and Charlotte's head into a AED emergency box. Wow. Embarrassing. An F-bomb moment. I wish I could say that was the worst of the week, but I'm sure I can put a few more things just on my short list.
There are many things about running that I appreciate other peoples TMI. You can google just about any combination of words and get someone's post about it. So here is my running TMI just in case you ever need it:
Lots of mileage means lots of sweat. Which can also mean rashes in places you'd rather not have them (where is a place you'd like to have a rash?). I never knew what the term "jock itch" meant until a few months ago. This is the golden advice I received on the subject. Blow dry. Yes, blow drying your butt will prevent you from getting a rash. Yes it is necessary because your towel will always leave a tiny bit of moisture. Yes you can burn your butt with the blow dryer if you hold it too close (not that I know this from personal experience). There you have it. My TMI for the week.
Miles today:4

No comments:

Post a Comment