Saturday, March 20, 2010

Week 10, Check!

All week I look forward to the long run. This week has been a challenge. We are recovering from ear infections, fevers, pink eye, restless sleeping at night and PMS (ha!). The shorter runs are now 5,8,5 miles and that is a long way for a short run! My knee (the surgery one) was really sore after last weeks 16 miles so I have been a little nervous all week that it is aggravated. It doesn't seem to hurt when I run so I think it is just sore from the mileage. Someone told me that it will stop hurting when I stop running so far! Okay, 6 more weeks until then!
The first 8 miles were really easy. They seemed to go really fast and I had that Bob Marley song that goes "Every little thing is gonna be all right" stuck in my head. Jonah met me at the market by the bridge to switch empty water bottles on my running belt and give me an apple. It seemed to be a pretty easy run until I hit the 10 mile mark. I really have to concentrate on something. So it's nice when I have things to roll around up there, problems to sort out, people to pray for etc. For some reason I just couldn't get my mind to stay on one thing. It kept drifting to how my body was feeling which at that point was tired and a little sore. I struggled for a few miles until I did what I do best...distract myself with planning. I thought all about my marathon day and what I would need to do to prepare my kids for being overnight at the grandparents and be ready to wait at the finish line. I thought about what time they would need to leave to be down, what they will wear, eat, play with. Ahh... I love making mental lists...almost as much as I love making actual lists. That helped and I made it home! 3 more long runs...

Miles today: 16
Miles this week: 34
Miles this Year: 239

1 comment:

  1. Hi Becky!! I didn't realize you were keeping a blog or training for a marathon until I got caught up on Bethany's blog. :) I'm SO impressed & have LOVED reading about your progress and life lessons,etc. Very cool. Miss seeing you guys & your sweet girls. :)
    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete