Friday, February 26, 2010

Week 7, Check!



This long run was a challenge. I decided to do it a day early since our Saturday is really full. I don't know if it was a mind thing or what, but not having the day of rest was a bummer to me. I felt tight, tired. It probably didn't help that the night before I was the speaker at our youth group so a lot of extra energy and focus was expelled there.
I pretended I was the character in a video game (super mario to be exact) and that someone else on a controller was making me go forward. I air punched the signs I passed. That helped me get through about 5 miles. I swear the last few miles were me just saying: almost home....keep going.
I am nearly half way through the training and I know some weeks will be like this, a grind.
For your viewing pleasure, I'll add this picture Jonah took of me. I wish I was one of "those" people who looked good while working out. I always get so red faced. The only reason I'm smiling is because I'm only a 1/2 mile away from home.

Miles today: 12
Miles this week: 26
Miles this month: 89
Miles this Year: 145

2 comments: