Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The decomposition cycle of deer

It's a funny thing...running in the country. The one thing I get really tired of is road kill. I can tell you right now what is dead where and what it looks like. Jonah always says that dead deer in the ditch are doing the "taco" (come on, get the mental picture...you know...). Apparently my neighborhood is really bad for the car vs. deer thing. It really icks me out.
Today was a good run. I couldn't have asked for more interesting/beautiful weather. On one side of me was gray skies, rain and wind. And just ahead of me, deep blue skies and sun.
I can't believe just a year ago I was hugely pregnant and the thought of running was a big joke to me. I told people I thought my MIL was insane. And now here I am...running 19 miles this week...1/4 of the way through my training.
Miles today:5

1 comment: