Saturday, January 30, 2010

Week 3, Check!

My first Solo long run. Well not that long. Somehow running the 1/2 marathon has made anything less than 13 miles seem short. Jonah was going to run it with me, but parenting demands that he take the girls to a birthday party. I'm glad that I only have 11 more weeks until my race. I know this is going to keep making our schedules full. It really tests my resolve to constantly have to think about when I need to run, if Jonah is home, who else could watch them, how long I'll be. I feel selfish with all the time that this demands. I better be a better person after this so that my family thinks this is worth it too!
Today I imagined all the other runners out there...slipping on their running shoes...getting out on the road training for the same race. It's funny to be in this community of people that I've never met and we are all working toward the same goal.
Miles today: 7
Miles this week: 17
Miles this month: 56

No comments:

Post a Comment