Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Well into week 6

Fatigue has hit me. It's not the running. I wish it was a simple as stopping something to get some rest. It is probably all the combination of a baby, small children, night time interruptions, PMS and the running that is doing me in. I am feeling like a slave to my schedules...school, baby routine and run schedule. At least it still feels good to get out there. I am looking forward to my race and having a mental break from the schedule of having to run 4 times a week. November and December will be months I can go down to 3 times a week and however long I want. That will be a nice freedom. Hopefully by the time we hit the new year the baby routine and school routine will be more polished.
Ten miles on Saturday was awesome. I woke up concerned for myself since I had two middle of the night adventures, one with Stella and one with Charlotte. I moaned inwardly about running ten miles on 5 hours of sleep. I picked up Tinsa and we headed out. It was really cold, but it felt so awesome, especially after 5 miles. I really enjoy the time we get to run together especially now that we are both in shape and can hold a conversation with out gasping for air!
This week that miles have increased to 4, 5, 4 for the short days and 11 on Saturday. I did 5 miles in town today. I really prefer the country roads. I keep tripping on the uneven sidewalks. I haven't laid myself out yet, but that may happen in the future! I need to read my chapter for the week and find out what I am supposed to be focused on. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment