Monday, October 19, 2009

The final countdown!

Oh mama!
It's here. My final week of training. This is a light run week, maybe just 9 or 10 miles (last weeks total was 26). Then Sunday...oh don't think about it...

Saturday's run was fun. I ran with Joan. She picked a 12 mile course and off we went. Around mile 6 she began to struggle with low blood sugar. We slowed so she could eat some energy jelly beans and drink some orange juice and then took off again. A few miles later she was feeling bad again. We walked then jogged then walked then jogged. I know she felt bad that she didn't help me run the whole thing, but I didn't care. One thing I am learning is that the experience is worth more then any goal I can have. If I have any irrational thoughts that I am running to win anything, then I need to be snapped back into reality. The race this weekend is about me, yes, but it is also about Tinsa. I won't be satisfied if I finish with a great time but left her in the dust to struggle. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment