Sunday, October 11, 2009

Week 6 done!

11 miles yesterday was more of a challenge. Maybe it was just the residual from the hectic week. Maybe it's because we changed directions and ran home from town instead of to town. At the end Tinsa told me she wouldn't have finished if I hadn't been with her. It does take a lot of mental toughness. A little grit to make yourself even when you really could stop. That kind of challenge just makes me smile and feel optimistic. I even made her run fast for the last 100 feet. I like that she needs me. It gives me even more drive that she is counting on me. Don't get me wrong. I'm not sure I could do this alone either. I can't imagine doing these long runs all alone. She also keeps me at a good pace so I don't over do it at the beginning and just having someone to talk to to help the miles pass.
One more long run this Saturday. I've run 112 miles during this training so far. 192 miles since July. I am still so surprised by myself. I didn't know I had it in me.
Miles:11
Miles this week: 24

No comments:

Post a Comment