Thursday, October 15, 2009

A good day for a run

This has been a great week for running. Monday morning was SO cold. I wore sweats, an ear warmer and gloves for the whole 4 miles. BRRR.... Jonah drove me and Adrianne to her school and I took her in and then ran home. 4 miles feels like a lot longer when you run it straight and not out and back.
Yesterday I ran 6 miles. I felt amazing. It was cool but not cold and a little damp from the morning rain. The wind was blowing too, the last 2 miles it was at my back. I imagined that it was propelling me forward. It just felt so good to be out there. Does it sound bad to say how proud of myself I am? I just kept thinking, "I have a 6 month old baby and I can go out and run 6 miles, wow!"
Today was my last short run of the week, 4 miles. I ran in town today my new loop up 5th to the hospital, down main to 7 Eleven up to 5th and back to the car. I think I run faster in town. All the motivation of people looking at me. I have been laughing to myself and telling the cars, "you'll never catch me!' Secretly I'm really glad I'm in better shape in case a scary man jumps out at me. I know I can turn on the gas and get outta there! My brain is strange.
Saturday is my last long run. I'm going to run with Joan since Tinsa is out of town. I know I'm ready for my race. I am feeling the nerves with it being just over a week away. I've been googling race tips. One of them said while you're waiting for the race to start, get in line for the portapotty and when you're done, get in line again. I'm wondering how I'll handle my nerves. Usually I would overcome it with red licorice, but I can't imagine that 13.1 miles would feel so jolly with a ton of candy in my gut. Okay enough thinking about it, I'm making myself get nervous as I type.

No comments:

Post a Comment