Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Welcome to Insanity

I can distinctly remember driving down the road in my car and seeing something strange...a lone runner out in the worst possible weather. I know I thought to myself: that person is crazy! Do they not know that it is driving rain? Gusty wind? Nuts!
I am now that crazy person.
Wednesday was a run day for me. I have it in my mind that I am going no matter what, no excuse. I got right up and put on my running clothes. I headed out around 9am. The wind literally was blowing back on me, opposing me. The rain driving in my eyes. Every semi or truck that passed me blew up a huge wet cloud that would swirl around me. I actually laughed out loud each time a gust of wind would hit and yell out "Oh yeah? Think that's going to stop me??" (hey, I already admitted to being crazy)
It was a grueling 4 miles. I was soaked! I have to say that I loved every minute of it. I know that there are going to be many more days like this, rainy and terrible and I AM going to run.
Miles today: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment