Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Starting from scratch... the pep talk

Here I am again. Week one. This time I have the BIG goal ahead. I am going to run a marathon. me. me?
Yes me.
It is funny how tiny doubts can be, but how they can creep on in and affect your once settled mind. I am leaning back on what I have learned already and squashing those thoughts as best as I can. I know it is just going to be something to deal with the next 16 weeks.
16 weeks. That's it. Anyone can do anything for 16 weeks. Before I know it, it will be here and over and I'll be so glad.
I already have my first run out of the way and the long run is only 5 miles. This week will be cake. During my run I decided I needed some kudos so I just let myself think a ton of wonderful things about me and what I am doing and what I have already accomplished. Not that I want to grow my ego, but maybe I am a little hard on myself sometimes.
I AM being a good mom
I AM giving myself the respect I deserve
I KICK the roads butt
I CAN run 5 miles in my sleep
I WEAR my size 2 jeans, thank you very much
I AM giving my 3 girls the best gift, a mom who can do ANYTHING

No comments:

Post a Comment