Tuesday, January 26, 2010

All by myself....

Well, the writing is on the wall. I am in this training alone. Solo. Uno. just me.
For the most part this doesn't freak me out. I know I am stubborn (just ask Jonah). I know I am tough. I know that I love the freedom that running brings me.
I just wonder a bit if I will be a total nut case at the end. I'll admit, I talk to myself...a lot. I sing, I encourage. I have odd thoughts. I have a lot of "God" moments when things occur to me. I realize that I am growing a new, different friendship with Jesus. I realize that since He is the only one that is with me most days, he is the keeper of all the inside jokes of my running world. I'm thinking of a funny thing that happened during my first run of the week yesterday. I may never tell a soul. But I can't help but smile and think that Jesus is smiling about it too. This is a very wonderful side effect that I never even imagined would come from running.
Miles: 3

1 comment:

  1. Bummer!! I would run with you if we lived closer...I haven't been running much lately. I get too scared running in the dark by myself- and I don't have a fireman hubby who works your man's schedule. If I had a buddy it would be better.

    I am so sorry you are running alone, it really is harder in so many ways- but there are good things too.

    ReplyDelete