Monday, August 17, 2009

Running Away

I really do enjoy the days Tinsa, Joan or Charlie run with me. However I am beginning to really really enjoy the days I run alone.
This morning Jonah was at work, so my mom came to let me get my run in. I really like the early morning, I know shocking to come out of my mouth, I'm such a non morning person. I love to get up, slide in my running clothes, put on my trusty brooks. Mace in one pocket (for scary truckers and wild dogs!) phone in the other.
The guide talks about not using iPods or mp3 players. I wouldn't anyway because I'm running on open road and not side walks. It talks about instead listening to your body's rhythm, nature and your own thoughts. I crack myself up because almost every time I turn from my driveway to the pavement, I hear the opening rhythm of Queen's "We will rock you" or some old school Keith Green song. I think it actually helps me set my pace.
I almost always think about that movie "What women want". The part where they are making the ad campaign for Nike for the woman runner. It is true, the road does not judge me or my pace. Does not care about the way I look. I am so thankful for running. Days like today it may be the only time I spend alone until the girls go to bed tonight. When I got home from my run there was some "girl drama" with Adrianne (oh to be 5) and I jokingly told my mom that I was going to go on another run and would be back later. I get a huge sense of peace when I'm gone. Maybe it's the silence. Maybe the alone time. Whatever it is, I love the feeling that no one is making any demands of me, just me making them of my own self.
Miles today: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment